1.4. BIT REGISTRATION
1). Do I get the BIT registration definitely, after filling the Online Application?
- No. Not definitely.
After submitting the Printed Application, UCSC will call you for the BIT Registration to check your qualifications.
- You are requested to forward the original certificates and other documents to the EDC.
- If the UCSC is satisfied with your qualifications, you are given the BIT Registration as a BIT 1st year student for a one year period.
2). What are the documents required for the BIT Registration?
Identity Card (NIC)
Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if applicable), Affidavit (if
certificate, O/L certificate(s), FIT certificate (if applicable)
recent colour photographs (Passport size on red background)
voucher of Registration Fee for Level I (Refer online at FEES
& PAYMENT METHODS).
online at Registration.
3). Once registered for the BIT programme, what are the benefits that the UCSC provides for me?
- BIT Student ID Card
- BIT Student Handbook
- VLE access for the year 1 (From the VLE you can access the course materials, past papers with answers, practice quizzes, assignments, can discuss with facilitators, discussion forums and many other facilities)
4). If I register for BIT, am I allowed to register for any other degree?
- Yes, there is no such restriction. BIT registration will not restrict you enrolling for any other degree.
5). Can I skip my registration whilst reading for the BIT degree?
- If you have not renewed the registration within the given period, you will have to pay a surcharge in addition to the re-registration fee, at the time of re-registration.
- But, the studentship with UCSC will be cancelled if the student has failed to renew the registration for three consecutive years.
6). Can I get a Class after repeating courses?
- If you meet the criteria for a Class, within 6 consecutive years, you can obtain a class.
7). How much does BIT programme cost me?
- Total Fee is approximately Rs. 70,000/= to the university, to complete the BIT degree. Conditions apply.
8). Can I pay the programme fee in installments?
total programme fee does not need to be paid at once.
total fee is divided into convenient instalments.
refer online at FEES
& PAYMENT METHODS
for the current fees.
Last updated on 21st October, 2019
© 2006, All rights reserved by University of Colombo School of Computing
No: 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.