1). What is the Main Entry Qualification (Admission Requirements) for the BIT?
- Three passes in the Advanced level examination in one sitting AND
- At least six passes for Ordinary Level with three credits including Mathematics and English.
2). Is there any other Entry Qualifications for the BIT?
(a) Pass theoretical components of the Foundation in Information Technology programme of UCSC.
(b)At least six passes for Ordinary Level with three credits including Mathematics and English.
(a) Any other academic/ professional qualifications deemed equivalent by the Senate of the University of Colombo AND
(b) At least six passes for Ordinary Level with three credits including Mathematics and English.
(c) pass the e- selection test*
* For those who do not have Advanced Level 3 passes or FIT@UCSC you need to pass an e-selection test held at the beginning of the academic year. For more details please visit our web site (http://www.bit.lk/) or contact EDC office.
3). I haven't passed GCE A/L. How can I join BIT?
- If you do not have A/L 3 passes in one sitting, you can use Method 2 (pass the FIT) or Method 3 (Equivalent Qualifications) to join the BIT programme.
4).Can I apply for BIT, with some other qualifications?
- Yes, you can use Method 3 (Equivalent Qualifications) to apply for the BIT programme.
5). Do I have to sit for a Selection Test?
- Students seeking to register for BIT under the Method 3, have to sit for a Selection Test.
6). Can I apply for BIT with pending A/L result?
the students who sat and are waiting for the A/L results can apply
at the BIT registration interview, you need to prove that you have
met the entry criteria.
to apply for BIT Semester 1 examinations (usually in May/June) will
not be changed due to delays in submitting these results.
7).Do I have to pass GCE O/L s to join the BIT@UCSC programme?
- Yes, you should complete O/L with at least six passes with three credits including Maths and English.
8). I don't have C passes for O/L English and Maths. Can I join BIT?
- No. If you do not have credits for both English and Maths, you are not eligible to join the BIT.
Last updated on 21st October, 2019