1). What is BIT@UCSC?
- Bachelor of Information Technology (External Degree) conducted by the University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC)
2). Who is giving the certifications?
- BIT degree certificate, Diploma and Higher Diploma certificates are issued by the University of Colombo. BIT Degree Programme is managed by the University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC).
3). What are the responsibilities of the UCSC on BIT?
- Student Registrations, Examinations, Projects, Issuing results and managing the Convocation and Award ceremony and all other student related matters are handled by the UCSC.
4). What are the advantages of doing BIT?
- Ability to get a Diploma, Higher Diploma and a Degree in IT in a one programme.
- Ability to study while working.
- Recognition of the certificates, issued by the University of Colombo.
- High salary, once completed.
- Assignments can be done, through Internet at home or work place or institute.
- Affordable course fee.
- Availability of Easy payment methods.
- Flexibility of duration to complete the degree.
- For Sri Lankans living abroad, we charge the fee in local currency.
- Exams may be conducted in overseas (if a reasonable number of students have applied).
5). Does UCSC conduct classes for BIT?
No. However, lecture notes, other online resources and e-facilitation are available via BIT VLE.
6). I dont need a degree. Can I do your Diploma?
- courses and get the Diploma Yes, you can.
- You need to register for BIT and complete the 1st year.
7).How much, should I spend for the Diploma?
Total Fee is approximately Rs. 17,000/= to the university, to complete the Diploma. Conditions apply.
8). Can I pay the Diploma fee in installments?
- Total fee need not to be paid at once.
- This total fee is divided into convenient installments.
- This is the most convenient payment method for a IT degree available in the country. (Application Fee- 1000/=, 1st year Registration Fee-3000/=, Semester 1 Exams Fees: 7800/=, Sem.2 Exams Fees: 5200/= etc.) (For 2018)
Please refer the Fees and Payments; in the Student Handbook
9). I am a foreign student living in Sri Lanka. Can I do the BIT?
- Yes, you can do.
- For foreign students, course fee is not the same as the local student fee. Contact the External Degrees Centre.
10). What is EDC?
External Degrees Centre (EDC) of the UCSC is the Administrative Office of the BIT.
Students can visit and talk to the EDC (BIT Office) staff, regarding the matters related to the Entry Qualifications, Applications, New Registrations, Renewal of Registrations, BIT ID cards, Examinations, Admission Cards, Certificates, Convocation and Award Ceremony, Letters, Appeals, Photographs and many other needs.
Email: email@example.com Tele : 0114 720 511, 512
Address: No. 17, Swarna Road, Colombo 6. (Opposite the Havelock city apartments)
11). How can I get the Student Handbook?
The Student Handbook is available in the BIT website (http://www.bit.lk/) and the VLE for BIT (http://vle.bit.lk/).
Last updated on 16th July, 2018
© 2006, All rights reserved by University of Colombo School of Computing
No: 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.