1.4. BIT REGISTRATIONS
1). Do I get the BIT registration definitely, after filling the Online Application?
- No. Not definitely.
After submitting the Printed Application, UCSC will call you for the BIT Registration to check your qualifications.
- You are requested to forward the original certificates and other documents to the EDC.
- If the UCSC is satisfied with your qualifications, you are given the BIT Registration as a BIT 1st year student for a one year period.
2). What are the documents required for the BIT Registration?
National Identity Card (NIC)
- Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if applicable), Affidavit (if applicable)
- A/L certificate, O/L certificate(s), FIT certificate (if applicable)
- 2 Photographs (Coloured Passport sized)
- 1st year Registration Fee (Rs. 3,000/=)
- 9x4 Self Addressed Envelope
3). Once registered for the BIT programme, what are the benefits that the UCSC provides for me?
- BIT Student ID Card
- BIT Student Handbook
- VLE access for the year 1 (From the VLE you can access the course materials, past papers with answers, practice quizzes, assignments, can discuss with facilitators, discussion forums and many other facilities)
4). If I register for BIT, am I allowed to register for any other degree?
- Yes, there is no such restriction. BIT registration will not restrict you enrolling for any other degree.
5). During the degree can I skip my registration?
- Yes, you can skip your registration and reregister in the next year, but you have to make the arrears of registration fees. But you are given only 5 years of time to complete a level of the program (any single academic year).
6). Within how many years, should I complete the degree?
- You have to complete the degree (maximum) within 15 years.
But one level should be completed within 5 consecutive years of time (Diploma 1st year 5 years, Higher Diploma 2nd year 5 years, Degree- 3rd year 5 years)
7). Can I get a Class after repeating courses?
- If you meet the criteria for a Class, within 6 consecutive years, you can obtain a class.
8). How much does BIT programme cost me?
- Total Fee is approximately Rs. 70,000/= to the university, to complete the BIT degree. Conditions apply.
9). Can I make the programme fee in installments?
- Total programme fee does not need to be paid at once.
This total fee is divided into convenient installments. This is the most convenient payment method for a IT degree available in the country. (Application Fee- 1000/=, 1st year Registration Fee-3000/=, Semester 1 Exams Fees: 7800/=, Sem.2 Exams Fees: 5200/= etc.)
- Please refer the Fees and Payments; in the Student Handbook
Last updated on 16th July, 2018
© 2006, All rights reserved by University of Colombo School of Computing
No: 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.