1.5. BIT PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
Bit Programme Structure
1). Within how many years can I complete the BIT Degree?
- Minimum, you need 3 years to complete the BIT Degree.
2). How many semesters are in BIT Programme?
3). What is my academic year?
- Academic year, starts on 01st January and Ends on 31st December.
4). How are the semesters planned?
- For each semester, you have 15 weeks (approximately, 4 months) of study period and in the 5th month, Semester Exams will be held.
5). How are the semesters labeled?
- Year 1, semester 1 and 2
- Year 2, semester 3 and 4
- Year 3, semester 5 and 6
6). How is the Academic year 1 planned?
- Study Period for Sem.1 : January to April (15 weeks semester)
- Sem.1 Exams : May
- Study Period for Sem.2 : May to Sep (15 weeks)
- Exams for Sem.2 : September/October
7). Which mark is considered for a pass, if I repeat a course?
- The best mark obtained from all your attempts are considered for a pass.
8). What is an attempt?
- When you sit for a course, it is an attempt. If you are absent or if you do not apply for the examination it is not counted as an attempt.
9). Which syllabus is effective for me to award my Diploma?
- Syllabus and the Regulations of the year in which you are completing the Diploma will be effective for awarding the Diploma for you.
10). Which syllabus and regulations are effective for me to award my Degree?
Syllabus and the Regulations of the year in which you are completing the Degree will be effective for awarding the Degree for you.
11). Where can I find more details about BIT?
12). What is the SLQF level for BIT?
- BIT is SLQF Level 5 degree programme (90 Credits - three academic years)
it is a specialized degree of Information Technology in the domain of computing based on IEEE-ACM curriculum
however, NOT a honors degree (SLQF level 6)
Last updated on 16th July, 2018
© 2006, All rights reserved by University of Colombo School of Computing
No: 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.