Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the admission requirements for BIT?
- Can I start BIT any time?
- If I start BIT during the middle of an academic year what about assignments & exams?
- If I follow BIT, am I allowed to register for other degrees?
- If I was unable to register for the first semester of an academic year, can I start from next semester?
- What is an attempt?
- Within how many attempts do I have to complete the degree?
- Which mark is considered when I repeat a course?
- Can I get a Class after repeating courses?
- Within how many years do I have to complete the degree?
- During the degree can I skip my registration?
- If I do not maintain the bit student registration can I continue the future?
- Can I apply for BIT with pending A/L results?
- Where can I find more details about BIT?
Using VLE (LMS)
- What is Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)?
- I cannot log into the VLE (LMS)
- If I don’t complete all the VLE (LMS) assignments successfully what would be the effect?
- Can I access the VLE (LMS) courses or sit for BIT examinations after completing my degree?
- Do I have to pay to access VLE (LMS)?
- If I failed any VLE (LMS) assignment in a previous year do I have to pay again to access the VLE (LMS) regarding that academic year?
- If I have to repeat some courses and need to access the relevant course materials in VLE (LMS) do I have to pay to access VLE (LMS)?
- What is the criterion to complete the VLE (LMS) assessments satisfactorily for a given year?
- If I have successfully completed the VLE (LMS) assignments, but have to repeat some courses, do I have to re-attempt the VLE (LMS) assignments as well?
- I cannot see all the topics in my course. What I should do for that?
- What are the best practices in posting to forums?
- Why am I not getting any e-mails regarding forum posting?
- What is Online Facilitation and Assistance?
- I have applied for BIT with pending A/L results. Can I have access to VLE (LMS)?
- What happens when a VLE assignment question is wrong?
- How to complain about VLE content, questions and services?
- What is the minimum grade should I obtained to pass a course?
- Within a semester, do I have to complete all courses?
- Without attempting all subjects in the 1st year, can I proceed to the 2nd year?
- If I reattempt a repeat course will I be able to get a better grade than ‘C’?
- Within how many attempts do I have to pass a course?
- I am already registered for Year 2 or 3. Do I have to register again for Year 1 or 2 to repeat courses from that year(s)?
- Do you consider VLE (LMS) assignment marks for the GPA?
- Is it necessary to follow all optional courses?
- Is it compulsory to sit for a repeat course again?
- If I repeat a course should I wait for next academic year to re sit for the examination?
- Where can I find the necessary information about BIT exam application forms, payments, time tables, results, etc...?
- How can I find required main reading books for a course?
- How can I find past papers?
- How can I find solutions for past papers which are in VLE (LMS)?
- Are practice quiz marks considered for assignments?
- We can review our assignments soon after the completion. But when we closed it, there's no option to review it again. Why can't we review our assignment questions more than once?
- What the grades mean in assignments?
- What is the best way for answering questions in Assignments?
- What is the benefit of using forums for my studies?
© 2006, All rights reserved by University of Colombo School of Computing
No: 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7, Sri Lanka.